The latest official firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 XWLSD has been available for the past few weeks now and folks have been requesting through my YouTube Channel that I create a video on how to root the Jelly Bean firmware. So here it is:
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 is similar to flashing a new firmware through Odin. However, this time we’ll be flashing a small Kernel file called Siyah. Siyah is a well known custom kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S2 which provides root access to your device. Some Samsung Galaxy S2 owners have experienced a battery life improvement with the Siyah Kernel.
How to Guide
- Make sure you have Samsung Kies and Odin 3.07 (You can still use the older 1.85 version) installed.
- Download the Siyah Kernel S2-v6.0beta5 TAR file
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S2 and go to Download Mode by pressing Volume Down + Menu Button + Power Button at the same time.
- Once in Download Mode, connect your Micro-USB to your computer and load up Odin 3.07.
- Select PDA and find the Siyah Kernel S2-v6.0beta5 TAR file on your computer.
- Click Start and give it a few seconds to flash your new custom Kernel.
- The Phone will automatically be restarted. You will notice a Yellow Triangle and a new bootup sequence. To double check if your device has been rooted look for the CWM and SuperSU apps installed.
- That’s it! Welcome to the Rooted World.
If you have any queries, questions or ran through any problems during the flashing process feel free to ask them below. I’ll be happy to help you out.